Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Inspiration of the Day: Ye Hongxing




Ye Hongxing is a young contemporary Chinese artist. I like the juxtopositioning of the detailed, decrotive flowers over the somewhat blurred faces. I would have to see this work in person though, because the faces almost look like they were photos that were given an effect by Photoshop. I am not saying that I don't appreciate digital images, but I think that it would be a strong piece if the underlying image is a textured oiled painting rather than a flat digital image. Let me know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. I really love how the lips pop out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this work is very interesting - I like the flatness of the whole thing. maybe because if the face were more detailed it might steal all the attention - but with both the face and the pattern so flat they seem to equally occupy the space.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...