Thursday, September 13, 2007

Creative Collaborations

I have been doing some research regarding our "collaboration" essay. I have come across a few books that study creative collaborations, which I will flip through and then let you know if they are worth the read. Here are the five collaborators / collaborative movements that I am going to research (I already have a few books on most of these):

1. The Pre-Raphaelites
2. Die Neue Sachlichkeit (The New Objectivity)
3. Georgia O'Keeffe and Alfred Stieglitz
4. Christo and Jeanne-Claude
5. Vincent van Gogh to Theo van Gogh


Here's an image from one of the Pre-Raphaelites:



2 comments:

  1. I really love that image you posted - the composition is amazing and the fabric is beautiful...
    anyway, #3 and #4 on your list were also on my list and I knew you had #5 on your list which I am also very interested in reading. I did a little research and found that Miro and Andre Breton collaborated on the book Constellations - Miro's prints and poems by Breton (not specifically to illustrate the other).
    I'm still looking for others that may not be as obvious or well known- maybe some more contemporary artists?
    I'll let you know what I find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen Frankenthaler and her prints - she worked with someone to get those done - I can't remember the name right now....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...