Monday, September 25, 2006

dreaming of fish



Hey Colin - what do you think of my latest art therapy homework? it's very cool to have to create art for homework... anyway, we had to do a dream quest and then create a piece of art based on what we saw - so, I created two paintings to try to show the idea... I dreamt I was on a fishing boat and picked a fish out of the big net (it was actually two fish connected together), then I was standing in shallow water looking for a safe place to put my fish - it seemed very obvious to me that the patch of land with some tall grass was the safest place. The fish was (were) rainbow colored and reminded me of a pack of Lifesavers candy. hmmmmmm, what does it all mean?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea. I actually went to church this past Sunday, and the sermon was about self reflection. The priest has this thick boston accent, and he really seemed like someone you could go to the bar with right after the sermon (and, he actually has a bible discussion at a bar close by). Needless to say, with my faith based glasses on, I think there is a lot of symbolism in your dream, and I think it is important to reflect on dreams.
    That being said, I think the fish represent grace and vinnie, and you want to protect them. Or, the fish represent fish crackers, because they are tastey, and you are hungry in the middle of the night...and probably you had to go to the bathroom--or you did!--and that's why your in the water. Skratch that, goes with the Grace and Vinnie interpretation.
    peace

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...