So, instead of working on my art I've been spending time reading lists and articles and watching videos on the internet - time well spent, I think.
- Stand up straight
- Change up your usual routine,
- Build good habits (is that the same as routine?)
- Do what you love
- Don't do what you love
- Find your passion - "have the courage to follow your heart and intuition"
- say, "yes."
- Take care of yourself
- Follow your curiosity
- Stop looking for approval
- Get excited!
- Stop comparing
- Be present
- Do the work
- Remember that we all learn differently
- Do the work, stay connected, be pro-active
- Make a plan and be honest with yourself
- Do what you are
- Take a nap
- Stop reading all the advice on the internet (because it's never ending) and just get to work
Stitching work in progress...
articles / videos / art by: 1. Amy Cuddy: Your Body Language Shapes Who You Are (TED talk) 2. 6 Ways to Find Your Inner Visionary in 2014 BY Marla Tabaka for Inc. 3. 5 Scientific Ways to Build Habits That Stick by Gregory Ciotti 99u 4. How to Find Your Purpose and Do What You Love
by Maria Popova on Brainpickings 5. Penelope Trunk: Bad career advice: Do what you love 6. Steve Jobs Stanford Speech 2005 (video and text) 7. Seth Godin: When you're offered precisely what you were hoping for... 8. Maria Moraca: How to Take Care of Yourself During Tough Times 9. Mr. Self Development 10 Amazing Life Lessons You Can Learn From Albert Einstein 10. Austin Kleon 11. Jeremy Dean: Anxiety: Getting Excited Beats Trying to Calm Down 12. Elizabeth McKenzie: Stop Comparing and Start Living 13. James Victore: Op-Ed: Confidence vs Shyness on 99u 14. James Victore 15. Ken Robinson: How Schools Kill Creativity 16. Finding an Audience for Your Art: Top Tips (Textile Artist) 17. 5 Tips for Small Business Owners (A Beautiful Mess) 18. Melanie Pinola, Don't Do What You Love, Do What You Art 19. Sean Blanda, 10 Creative Rituals Your Should Steal 20.