Thursday, August 22, 2013

new finished embroidery Burst on vintage fabric 20x20

I worked on this new piece all week while I was taking a break from this one. Yes, it's basically stitching the same type of thing, but the large piece I have to work on standing up and using a five inch needle from the front only, I can't reach around to the back. So, this smaller piece allowed me to get something done a bit quicker, even though stitching is slow no matter what. I was posting all the in progress pics on Instagram as a way to keep myself motivated to get it finished quickly. I have a habit of starting lots of projects at one time and then not finishing most of them. I sometimes find a project stashed away (after I "organize" everything) and think, "oh yeah, I remember when I started that two years ago. I should finish it", then I put it away again. Although, now I have actually written a list of most of my "in progress" projects, basically so I can look at the list and and say, "oh yeah, I remember when I started that two years ago. I should finish it".
Anyway.... I did finish this:

Vintage Burst, 20x20 inches, vintage cotton fabric, cotton thread, acrylic paint

Vintage Burst detail

Vintage Burst detail




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...