Monday, October 01, 2007

Inspiration of the Day: Steven Asseal


Steven Assel is a master in composition, painting, and storytelling. He paints scenes that draw you to deeply look at the images. I have actually been a huge fan of this artist since I saw some of his work in Art News in an advertisment for Forum Gallery in New York. The image in this post is typical of his work (he often uses the gold/yellow/red highlight in the background, which I find to be a beautiful element). Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. I remember seeing his art in art news magazine (or art forum, one or the other). I'm not a huge fan of figurative work like this so I usually skip over it pretty quickly. I can appreciate the technique and skill, but haven't given it much more thought. I tried to look for more of his work online to give it more of a serious look, but I couldn't find any. do you know of a website with his work?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...