Saturday, November 18, 2006

Ghetto

This is a painting that I took a picture for in Detroit and then I just did the painting today. This, again, is the progression of my attempt to paint hope or optimisim. Of course, these paintings
keep going back and forth between hope and defeat. Hopefully, if someone is optimistic they will see the flowers as representing beauty in a tarnished setting, and, in turn, hope. Let me know what you think.

I am going to leave these painting for a little bit, just because it is hard to try to keep them coherent. I am going to try to do some super detail orchids for a contest that is coming up at the end of the month.

2 comments:

  1. It's always difficult (and maybe defeating) putting text in a painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the colors and the drawing need to be worked more - more variation in the color and more detail in the ink drawing.

    my first (immediate) reaction to the painting was an anti-drinking type of message - or how drugs of any kind can overshadow something good / beautiful.

    don't give up on this one - i really like it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...